Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blog On






A lot has happened since the time I last posted. Let me start by apologizing and telling you that it was not my intention to cut the blog so short. Unfortunately, I left my camera on the plane when we landed in San Francisco April 3rd. I have called the "lost items" hotline many, many times but it is sadly just a pre-recorded answering machine type service. It grimly states that if you haven't heard from them (United Airlines) in ten days, assume your item lost and contact your insurance company. I'm pretty sure that at this point, I'm not going to see that camera again. The bad thing is that it had all of my digital media in it with my pictures on it! Drat! The good thing is that since I decided to do this blog, I had uploaded most of my pictures to my computer and still have them. Whew! I also had the good fortune of traveling with Robyn Kimberlin who is a camera officianado (?sp.)! Anyway, she made a cd for me of the pictures she had taken of our family with around 250 some odd pictures which are absolutely beautiful. Thank you Robyn. By the way, I've got another camera now. :)


I'm going to "try" to keep this short. I've not posted in a couple of weeks, so there are many things I'd like to share but will just shoot for the overview and try to catch you up as the weeks go by. First of all, the two weeks since we've been home have flown by! Piper is doing really well considering all of the changes and adjustments she's had to endure. She was not a happy camper when Sydney went back to school. She asked for her about every hour on the hour the first day. She did seem to understand what was going on though and finally settled into a routine. Sydney celebrated her birthday last weekend. Piper was a little overwhelmed with the large crowd in our home, but did enjoy the little ones. She was also more than happy to help Sydney open up presents! :) This week alone we have visited her classroom, visited the health dept. for her first round of immunizations (ouch!), visited the dentist for the first time, and traveled to Shawnee for H.S. State Vocal competition (way to go Harley!). She has really been a trooper.


She rode the horses for the first time yesterday with Sydney, of course! We got a trail-a-bike for her so she can ride along. She loves it! She and Sydney are jumping on the trampoline right now as I'm posting. She really is a little daredevil; fits right in doesn't she? My goal is to post a time or two each week. If you've been used to checking daily, you may want to go with weekly now. I did decide this was a much better alternative for me than scrapbooking or journaling; just not my thing. It will also keep me motivated to continue taking pictures. Hope you enjoy! We always enjoy hearing from each of you whether in person or by your comments that you're following the blog. Thank you all for all of your continued love, support, and prayers. It means so much. I hope you like the new title. It just seemed to fit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary! You've made my day! Thank you so much for keeping up the blog! You and your family are so blessed by adding an additional angel to your family! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for coming by Coolidge and letting us enjoy the fun time we had with Piper! Have you gotten her an English Bull Dog yet? Ha! I'm still telling everyone about the day I got to meet Piper, she is a blast!! Easy for me to say, uh? Thanks again for keeping up the blog. I told you that you should write a book, you've done wonderful! Take care and know how blessed you are!!!!! Love, Carol

Robyn said...

So glad you are back!!!!!

Can't wait to see what Piper's next big adventure are!

Also glad I could help you out with the pictures and I am currently working on the video cd so I will mail it to you when it is done. Who knows when that will be though, hopefully soon!

I have to tell you one more time how blessed Paul and I were to have your family as our travelmates. We had such a blast with you guys and couldn't have asked for a better time. I was looking over some of the pics today and remembering some of the great times we had.

Hope things continue to go well with Piper's adjustment.

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Downings!

I too enjoyed traveling with your family. I so hope we get to see you again. I am glad Piper is doing so well. We have our Avery good and spoiled. That is what grandparents are for.

Martha

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you are back!