Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dinner at Lucy's; again I know






We had dinner at Lucy's again tonight. I've got a shot of Sydney with our lemon iced teas. They are so good! I've started ordering one everytime we go. Robyn's aunt Kathy got me hooked. It's the largest drink I've been able to get my hands on over here. There are no fountain drinks here; at least we've not found any. So, in other words, no refills. The drinks are brought in a can or very small glass. Not nearly enough to drink for me, so when we discovered the tea we were thrilled. They bring a tiny little pitcher of what we think is honey or something similar to a Karo syrup to sweeten the tea; yummy! Kevin, Harley & Paul all ordered an extra order of fries tonight at dinner; oink, oink (sounds like the Oreo story from yesterday doesn't it?). That was okay though because Piper loves fries so she and Sydney were happy to help them eat some of those extra fries. Come to think of it, Piper loves anything that you can dip in ketchup. She'll even clean up the extra ketchup with her spoon, fingers, whatever. You get the idea. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped in to see how our stone carvings were going. I've got a picture of the artist actually working on Sydney & Piper's carving. Amazing! I have to tell you what Piper told the woman in this same shop last night. She said, "Tell my mom that I don't like eggs." I've been putting scrambled eggs on her breakfast plate every morning hoping she might try them. No eggs this morning! :) She is too smart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, I guess you will just have to keep on blogging after you get back to the States. This is part of my after school ritual. The whole family has enjoyed getting to read about Piper and your family's adventures in the East. Thinking of you and praying for you all.....Tracie and family

Connie J said...

Ya'll are having so much fun! Love the strongest tea in the world at Lucy's! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings from the Johnsons