Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Week of School (Last Week) :)





The first week of school went better than expected. Piper did great! In fact, she is always ready to get up and go in the morning. I think she was excited about getting to go with the big kids. Her teacher really bragged on her color by number artwork (so of course I included a picture!). I was going to post a picture of her "first day" at school, but that Kodak moment went a little crazy. I'm not the one who drops the kids off at school in the morning, so I thought I'd snap a picture at pick up time. Now I don't know if she is just completely sick and tired of posing for pictures or if she was just monkeying around but she decided to do a backbend in the middle of the sidewalk at dismissal. Of course, she bonked her noggin on the sidewalk and ended up with a big goose egg on the back of her head! So much for the Kodak moment. We ended up rushing back over to my office for an icepack and off to the store for some children's ibuprofen. :) Never a dull moment. Anyway, the "dressed for school" pose was taken at home (safer) before school the second (oh well) day of school! Emmanuel had their spring program last Fri.; Piper's first week of school. We weren't sure if she was ready for this but sure enough she came through with flying colors. She stood right up there with the rest of the group and even tried to join in at times. She is so funny. She's learning new words every day. Important things like "don't touch me" and "cool it", "stop it Hayden", etc. She popped into breakfast yesterday morning on her own and took one look at the pancakes Kevin had made and said, "Chocolate chips?! Thank you!" Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh Mary, she looks so grown up already!! Your family has been on my mind alot lately and I wondered how things were going with you back at work and Piper starting school. Glad to see it is going good. I love that she was wearing that pink dress in the school program. As you know, Avery has a matching one just waiting for her as she grows up. I guess you broke down and bought a new camera, huh?

Hopefully we can have a chance to meet up this summer.