Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Monday, March 31, 2008

Dinner at Cow and Bridge






We enjoyed a group dinner at Cow and Bridge this evening. It is a popular Thai restaurant for adoptive families. My biggest concern was being able to order something that didn't set my mouth on fire. Fortunately there were little chile peppers next to the menu items to indicate the degree of heat in the dish. I chose one with no peppers. :) Funny, Hayden sat down the table from me and ordered the exact same dish and neither of us knew. We have great taste in food because I think ours was one of the most liked. We all shared a little so we could get a good sampling from the menu. Hayden & I had the grilled chicken wings served in a half pineapple. Very good. Sydney had the biggest bowl of soup I've ever seen! Piper, well now, I've thought for a while that she was ordering things she liked because she could read the menu and communicate with the waitresses. As it turns out, I don't think she's eaten out much and she just orders something she "thinks" looks good or will be good. She usually turns her nose up at what she orders and we have to eat her order and she eats with Sydney! Oh well, it works out just fine. She shares quite well and if she smells it (this is the test) and doesn't like it, she's more than happy to turn it over to someone who'll take it. I've included a shot of Robyn & Harley trying to decipher the ticket and Piper up to her usual antics. She's such a ham! I nearly forgot to mention that evidently Harley & Kevin got a somewhat smaller portion than they expected and Harley says as we're leaving, "Okay, now what are we having for dinner?". He and Kevin did a 7-11 raid and brought back a stash of Oreos and some other items which were not disclosed to me. I don't think they were even going to tell us about them at all but I thought I heard a knock at our door and Sydney stuck her head out to see if they were back. As it turns out, they didn't come to our room at all but she just happened to see them get off the elevator and head down the hall to the boys room with an arm full of goodies. Of course, she took off after them and raided the "snack stash". Good work Sydney!

No comments: