Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Monday, March 24, 2008

Trip to Wal-Mart





Well, I think the photos describe our trip to Wal-Mart. It was quite an experience. I thought I would include a shot of the ladies restroom. Now, the restrooms over here in general are an experience all of their own. I remember being told about the squatie poties, but definately don't recall the "no toilet paper" part. I mean none. And, if you bring your own, which you must, it gets thrown in the waste basket. Some kind young lady in the Wal-Mart restroom was nice enough to show me which coin went into the "tissue" vending machine in the bathroom. :) We bought Piper several books that have both English & Chinese illustrations. We picked up some "biscuits" which were listed as one of her favorite foods (biscuits are more like shortbread cookies). We were also able to get some great authentic Chinese food at the deli for about a dollar each. Oh, I forgot to mention the escalators. They are flat going up and down to accomodate the shopping carts. We've seen these in several stores that are multi-level. Wal-Mart is one of these stores. It's two stories with the grocery on the lower level and other items on the second floor. This was all a nice diversion while we waited for our "real" Gotcha moment. And let me just warn you in advance, it was a "real" moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

不必惊讶,这样很正常,呵呵