Now that we're home, follow our adventures as we continue our journey with Piper.


Kevin & Mary

Kevin & Mary

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dinner at Pizza Hut Last Night





We are so adventurous! We had dinner at Pizza Hut last night; Chinese Pizza Hut. It was really quite an experience. It was the most upscale Pizza Hut I have ever been in. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. I asked our guide if all of the Pizza Huts were like this one. She said the one in Beijing is. I told her this is certainly NOT like the stores we have in the states. The waitresses were so cute. Very young and dressed very beautifully. Hayden said they weren't wearing the "Pizza Clothes" like the ones in the states. We all laughed. Sydney and Grace ate at a Japanese restaurant and had dumplings with noodles. Grace was very impressed with Sydney's use of chopsticks! I told Grace I was surprised that they had Japanese restaurants here. Our last guide, Veronica, told us that most Chinese still have very bad feelings towards the Japanese. She did say that they were more accepting of them as tourists and didn't dislike the people so much as the government. Grace said they like the Japanese food too! They also had a Korean restaurant we passed by yesterday. The last picture is of Hayden just outside the hotel. They have a cute little fish pond, full of fish. Kevin & I were up at 3:30 this morning and Hayden was in our room bouncing off the walls by 5 am! We still aren't fully adjusted to the time change. We have two rooms at our hotel; one right next to the other. The rooms all have doorbells here; the kids are having a ball with that! Let me just say that their idea of a full sized bed and ours are not the same! :) The beds are at best oversized twins. I am real pleased with the internet service here. It's much faster than Beijing. I can't view our blog as you do, but I do receive e-mail at my yahoo address for each comment you post so I can view the comments that way. It makes it seem like we are not so far away from you! We're getting Piper this morning around 10am! More post and pictures to follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Hugging Piper Day!
Trena
Lucky ZuXhou mommy
Like Robyn ;-)

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm not hip with the time difference. when you say tomorrow at 10 am, do you really mean yesterday my time? or the day after next? who knows, i need one of those clocks that has the time in china. it looks like you guys are having an awesome time! love you guys!

~megan

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that Piper.
-Steffens

Simmons said...

Hi Guys,
So glad to get your updates. I know you can't wait to put your arms around Piper. Sounds like everyone is having a great time. LTC went great. Some of us read your blog while we were in Dallas. Stay safe, can't wait to see Piper and the rest of the Downing family!

All our Love and Prayers,
The Simmons Family